WIRELESS AND NETWORKING STRATEGY EXECUTIVE
Specializing in business development of wireless and networking technologies in the design and deployment of complex WiFi systems.
Seasoned and recognized industry leader for wireless strategy and business development with 20+ years of B2B sales and corporate evolution. Proven talent for the vision of emerging markets, managing strategic relationships. Specializing in asymmetric competition for market share and key customer capture. Analytics and key performance indicators to shape evolution. Proven expertise in innovating and executing leading strategies, including innovative and industry leading innovations such as Optimal Project Sequencing, Smart Targeting, and Error Free Velocity programs.
Proven track record for the design, deployment, and maintenance of mega-WiFi projects for stadiums, regional warehouses, campuses, nuclear power plants and major sporting venues including the 2012 Summer Olympics, supporting several Super Bowls, and World Series events.
Extensive hands-on expertise creating and executing go-to-market strategies, backed by vertically oriented value propositions and success metrics. Innovative and creative uses of client relationship management (CRM), solution sales, channel, and alliance partner development. Highly fluent in “C” level focal points, and executing those through middle management to individual contributors. Consistently exceeded revenue projections and key performance indicators with industry leaders such as, Cisco Systems, HP, IBM, AT&T, Johnson Controls, NEC, and others. Additional keys to success include:
- Recognized world wide as a thought leader in WiFi with industry executives, engineers, sales forces.
- Primary consultant for the design, deployment, and WiFi maintenance at some of the worlds largest venues
- Advanced strategies confirmed by revenue growth of 89% year over year growth with elite Cisco Systems partners.
- Deep wireless technical knowledge, highly adaptable to emerging and adjacent technologies.
- Strong analytical insight that increases sales productivity, revenue, profits, and other key performance indicators.
- Published three books on wireless through McGraw-Hill of New York. Second book was international best seller.
- Proven understanding of how to grow sales capacity, breadth, and depth with existing headcount.
- Developed and implemented Smart Targeting sales methodologies for sales teams.
- Wrote four wireless Cisco CCIE exams for engineers, and blueprint for Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCDP certifications.
- Highly fluent in how IT technology is at the center of all critical business issues.
- Innovative strategies for high impact training of engineers and account managers.
- Inventive and successful approaches with vertically oriented value propositions across stakeholder spectrum.
- Able to relate complex subject matter in understandable terms for executive, technical, and sales audiences
- Leading contributor to Cisco Field Partner Organization Board
- Market /Sales/Partner Analytics • WiFi and cloud Architectures and Value Propositions
- Optimal Application of IT Technologies • Market Expansion • Business Process Optimization
- On-Boarding Partners • Competitive Product Positioning • Branding • Communications & Presentations
- Business Development • Smart Sales Strategies • Growth Through Alliances and Acquisitions
Neil Reid & Associates, Dallas, TX., 8/2011 to Present
Principle in LLC consulting firm with focus on large public venue WiFi deployments. Also consultant on OEM alliances and elite partners with all of the major Wi-Fi OEM equipment and network providers, board level consulting with Advisory Board Architects, and as the primary WiFi consultant on mega deployments such as the 2012 London Summer Olympics.
Cisco Systems, San Jose, CA. 9/1999 – 8/2011
Senior Manager, Business Development
Elite partner management focused on innovative strategies with top revenue booking partners in the U.S. Theater, with sales of Cisco’s WLAN solutions. Advanced strategies across these partners grew revenues by 89% year over year while expanding engineering capacity and breadth, and error free velocity engineering practices. Also key focus on sales strategies through smart targeting practices and high impact training. Managed partners included AT&T, NEC America, World Wide Technologies, INX (Presidio), Wipro, IBM, Johnson Controls, HP, Perot Systems, Compucom, and Insight/Calence Technologies.
- Advanced strategies increased partner bookings by 89% over a 12 month period.
- Founder of Cisco international wireless technology leadership and strategy program.
- Expanded growth through acquisitions and alliances.
- Authored three books on wireless through McGraw-Hill, second book is international best seller.
- Advisory role for senior managers for error free velocity engineering and increasing sales productivity.
- Wrote the first four CCIE exams for WiFi
- Created and implemented high impact training for engineers and account managers.
- Founding team member of Cisco Smart Building team; focal points were strategies, alliances, technologies.
- Founding team member of Cisco’s Cloud Strategy program.
- Brought Cisco fiscal investments to elite partners through performance based contracts.
Lightspeed Technologies, Pleasanton, CA 1991 – 1999
Co-founded technology company for cutting edge wireless products in healthcare, the military, the sports equipment, and the auto industry. Sales engagements included U.S. Army, General Motors, Hertz, Nike, and E-Systems.
- Structured world class engineering, sales, contractor, and business development team
- Conceptualized, developed, demonstrated, and sold cutting edge wireless solutions
- Tightly integrated “voice of the customer” input to engineering, marketing and sales programs
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory, Space Astrophysics Group, Berkeley, CA 1989 – 1991
Senior Project Manager- Astromag Astrophysics Platform
Translated investigation objectives of Nobel Prize winning astrophysicist (Dr. George Smoot) into operational scientific platforms. Closely interlocked scientific, engineering, machine shop, sub-contractors and vendors while leading and training engineering teams and technicians on assembly, test, shipment, and flight preparation of spaceborne astrophysics payloads.
- Proposed facility design and led engineering team that built test facility for Astromag; the largest international space station payload.
U.C. Berkeley Space Astrophysics Group, Berkeley, CA 1984 – 1989
Contractor- Integrated Logistics Systems Manager
Led UCB Space Sciences Laboratory engineering and technician teams in the assembly, test, and flight delivery of $150M Extreme Ultraviolet Explorer. Closely interlocked scientific, engineering, machine shop, sub-contractors, and vendors while leading and training engineering teams and technicians on assembly, test, shipment, and flight preparation of major spaceborne astrophysics payload.
- Assembled, tested, and delivered flight ready platform for launch at Kennedy Space Center.
- Published paper on vacuum mechatronics which detailed cutting edge flight hardware assembly procedures.
- Received instructors rating as hardware technician from NASA.
- Flight program exceeded all technical, programmatic, and scientific expectations
EARLY CAREER as complex mechanical engineering program estimator and manager.